Tuesday, June 7, 2011

30-Day Musical Theater Song Challenge: Day 6

For day 6, I am to post a song that makes you sad/teary, so we're going back to the serious musicals once again. One song at the top of my list of sad songs is 'Bring Him Home' from Les Miserables. Seeing Valjean pray to God to spare Marius and take him instead can really touch a person if sung well. So, here I bring you one of my favorite renditions of the song: J. Mark McVey from the Hollywood Bowl presentation of the musical last August 2008. This is one of the most touching renditions I've seen. Enjoy!



3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I love Les Miserables. Pretty sure you've heard On My Own right? I heard Lea Salonga's version. It was a really touching for me. I really really really liked that song. I like this song too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I love Les Miserables. Pretty sure you've heard On My Own right? I heard Lea Salonga's version. It was a really touching for me. I really really really liked that song. I like this song too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi alex, yes i know on my own, and lea salonga's version is one of the best for me.

    ReplyDelete